Interior Design Services
Our interior design department includes a large scope of services ranging from space planning to furniture and accessory selections. We are constantly meeting with product representatives to stay up-to-date on all the new product trends, textures, and color palettes.
Our creative design process begins by listening to our clients’ needs and vision. After we’ve developed a few solid options, we propose our design concepts in face-to-face meetings. We strive for creative and functional designs and try to utilize all the space in a functional manner, never to have any underutilized space. If the client has particular ideas in mind, we can customize these to meet their vision. Some examples of projects we have recently completed or are currently in design are:
- Nadia A. Winstead DMD.
- Liberty House Remodel and Expansion
- Willamette Education Service District – 2600 Pringle
- 1115 Commercial Street Salem-Keizer School District
- Chemeketa Community College – Building 4 restrooms and Building 42
- West Salem Ace Hardware
- Oregon School Boards Association
- Oregon Youth Authority (does not include material selections)
- Studio Apartment on Hawthorne Street
- Salem Clinic on Union Street
- Marion County Juvenile Courts Administration Remodel
Some of the projects listed above can be seen in our interior design photo gallery.
If you would like more information on any of the following services or, would like to discuss a potential new interior design project, please contact the head of our department, Narcissa Bartley. The following is a more detailed list of interior design services.
Defining the Scope
- Planning and Design: feasibility studies, space planning, tenant development, budget analysis, design concepts, finish specifications, furniture specifications, art and accessory programs.
- Construction Co-ordination: project management, bid management, move management, post occupancy evaluations
Involving the right people and gaining insight into:
- The estimated project timeline
- The strategic plan (as it relates to the facility, people, technology)
- The work flow
- The equipment and technology
- The budgetary and maintenance issues
Combines insight gained in programming with design expertise to begin a dialogue regarding design solutions. This is usually decided through:
- Drawings: proposed space plans, detail drawings, elevations, 3D renderings, animated walk through, virtual reality tours
- Graphics and signage design
- Color Coordination
- Finish material selection and samples
- Product data sheets
- Product mock-ups when necessary
Refines the concepts approved in the schematic phase. Finalizing specifications of architectural plans and details, lighting, materials, furnishings, equipment and budgets.
Often involves the most interface with the other design team professionals and consultants to make sure all aspects of the project are properly documented.
Insures the project is constructed based on the documented design and specifications developed during previous phases. Administration may include:
- Periodic inspection of work progress
- Review and approval of submittals
- Punch lists
- As-built document production
“I want to also say that Narci was outstanding to work with. She is patient, creative, and extremely knowledgeable.”
-Jan Dean, Assistant Director, OYA Business Services
Interior Design Project Galleries
Browse through some of our most recent current and completed projects